Skyspace by James Turrell
The American artist James Turrell works with perception, color, light and space. Turrell's artwork engages the observer and lets us experience visual impressions we have not seen the like of. Skyspace is Turrell's most famous work, and has become his lifelong project. Today there are more than 82 completely different Skyspaces around the world.
SKYSPACE ON SUNDAYS
Every Sunday you can get a public tour in Skyspace and Ganzfeld; the light installations of James Turrell.
- Guided tours every 30 minuttes from 11:00 - 13:30 and 14:00 - 16:00
- A maximum of 8 people in each tour
- Free admission
- Meeting point : outside the installation
- It is recommended to reserve tickets HERE
- Booked seats must be confirmed no later than 10 minutes before start.
SUNRISE / SUNSET SESSION
Skyspace can be experienced at sunrise and sunset. The artwork is a specially designed room with an opening in the ceiling, directly to the sky. The light in the installation changes color during the session in order to influence the viewer's perception of our surroundings. The Skyspace at Ekebergparken is entitled The Color Beneath.
For prices and to request a booking click here.
- Only prebooking for private groups
- We recommend to book well in advance
- For more information, you can also send a mail to email@example.com