Ganzfeld & Skyspace by James Turrell
GANZFELD & SKYSPACE BY JAMES TURRELL
FROM 11 AM TO 4 PM EVERY SUNDAY
DROP-IN ONLY/ NO PREBOOKING NEEDED
FOR PRIVATE BOOKINGS WE ARE OPEN EVERY DAY. PLEASE BOOK HERE
Every sunday, all through the year we offer guided tours at daytime inside James Turrells magical light installation: Ganzfeld: Double Vision.
Ganzfeld is built inside an old water reservoir from the 1920s, where the room is filled with light and color which is a both visual and physical experience for visitors. You will experience Ganzfeld: Double Vision where our Art Mediator will tell you about the artist and artwork. You will also see Skyspace: the color beneath. Skyspace can only be fully experienced during the sunrise or sunset. In daytime the installation will have a white, clear light.
The Sunday guided tours are free of charge with a drop-in system. No pre-booking available.It is a drop-in, first come first serve system. You can put your name on a list for the next available tour. Please talk to the guide outside the installation. We recommend to come early, as all the tours are available at the start of the day.
Q & A Sunday tours in Ganzfeld:
Q: I arrived at 11 AM and the tour at 11 AM was already full. What do I do?
A: You can join the next available tour by talking to the guide outside the installation and write your name on a list. To be guaranteed entry we must write your name on the list and require that you arrive 5 minutes before the tour begins at the latest. Or your place will be replaced by someone else in line.
Q: No one is outside the installation during the opening hours. Why?
A: Sometimes we only have one staff working due to illness. If the person is not outside the entrance they are currently having a tour inside. They will come out 5 minutes before the next tour begins. Please see the sign outside the entrance with available times.
Q: Am I allowed to take photographs?
A: No photography allowed inside. This is disturbing for your own experience, but also for the other guests.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR THE SUNDAY TOURS
- Free guided tours between 11 AM to 4 PM every Sunday
- Where: Artwork no. 38. See map
- See blackboard outside the installation entrance for available times
- It is a drop-in, first come first serve system
- You can put your name on a list for the next available tour
- Please talk to the guide outside the installation
- You must follow a guided tour to enter the art installations
- Maximum 8 people for each tour
ARE THE TOURS FULL?
- For the next available tour, talk to our guides outside the installation or see blackboard outside the entrance.
- If there is no one outside the installation during opening hours, it is because the guides are currently having a tour inside. They will come out before the next tour begins.
The American artist James Turrell works with perception, color, light and space. Turrell's artwork engages the observer and lets us experience visual impressions we have not seen the like of. Skyspace is Turrell's most famous work, and has become his lifelong project and today there are more than 80 completely different Skyspaces around the world.
SUNRISE & SUNSET SESSIONS
BOOK YOUR PRIVATE SESSIONS
SUNRISE OR SUNSET
ONLY GROUP PRICE
The coloured light in Skyspace can only be fully experienced at Sessions during sunrise or sunset. This must be booked as a private guided tour. The artwork is a specially designed room with an opening in the ceiling, directly to the sky. The light in the installation changes color during the session in order to influence the viewer's perception of their surroundings.
- Price: NOK 3.850,-
- The price is for minimum one (1) person up to fifteen (15) people
- Included are entrance to Ganzfeld, guided tour and welcome drinks (sparkling wine)
- Time: only during sunsets or sunrises
- Maximum 15 persons
- Please make your inquiry at least one week in advance
- The Session lasts about 1,5 to 2 hours
- For booking a private Sunrise/Sunset Session (NOK 3850,-), please click here: BOOK
DROP-IN SUNSET SESSIONS
We offer DROP-IN SESSIONS in Skyspace on selected dates. Here you can buy a single ticket for a Sunset Session in Skyspace. Please see our calendar WHATS ON? for available dates. Tickets can be bought through TIKKIO.NO. See link for tickets in the event in our calendar.
- Single ticket price: NOK 390,-
- Only on pre-selected dates and times
- Only 15 tickets available for each drop-in session