Summer school- summer vacation 2017
Week 26 (26-30 June) and week 33 (14-18 August)
For the third time Ekebergparken and EKT Rideskole og Huspark have the pleasure of offering Summer school to children from 8 to 14 years old. If you like art, creative activities, caretaking of farm animals, horses and riding – then this is the ultimate summer school for you!
The day begins at the farm where we learn about animal care and meet the animals. Some days we will ride on horses in the forest or horse and carriage. After lunch we will walk together to Ekebergparken where we will learn about the exiting art in the park. In Hakkespettene we will do workshops and activities where we learn different artistic techniques. For example will we make sculptures and paint inspired by the Norwegian artist Edvard Munch.
Price per week per child: NOK 2950,-
Monday to Thursday 09.00-15:00;
- 08.30-09.00: Starting point main entrance EKT (Ekebergveien 99)
- 11.30: Lunch
- 12.00 We walk together to Ekebergparken
- 15.00-15.30: Pick up at Hakkespettene in Ekebergparken (Kongsveien 23)
Friday: The Summerschool ends with an exhibition and a performance, where the students show their parents what they have made and learned throughout the week. This day will therefor be different from the others:
- 8.30-09.00: Starting point at Hakkespettene in Ekeberparken.
- 12.00: We walk to EKT where we do the final preparations before the parents come.
- 15-16: Vernissage and horse show for the parents.
What to bring:
- Two lunchboxes each day
- Clothes according to the weather
- Clothes that can be used for art activities and at the farm
- You do not have to have any equipment for riding, the farm has helmets for everyone
We reserve the right to cancel the summer school if there are not enough participants.